CK3 was unfortunately based off pre-Holy Fury data. This means there are certain… inconsistencies. While waiting for the eventual HIP2 or CK++, this mod might help you survive looking at the culture map.
- Added Coptic, Carantanian/Slovene, Arberian/Balkan Albanian, Kassogian/Circassian, Nakh and Caucasian Avar cultures
- Made Ciscaucasian a new culture group for Circassian, Alan, Nakh and Caucasian Avar
- 164 Circassian dynasties because this is the modern form of flagellation
- Slovieni culture is now present in eastern Slovakia in the 1066 bookmark
- Subcarpathian Ruthenia now Russian/Ruthenian
- Assyrian culture is now expanded in both bookmarks, based on the setup in HIP¹
- Croatian/Serbian/Bosnian (including Krstjani) spread changed
- Dukljan territory in 1066 expanded more-or-less according to the same thread above
- Made the county of Vera Bulgarian per the same thread
- Applied localization fixes per the same thread
- Slightly altered Vlach setup in both bookmarks
- Added Thessalian Vlachs
- Added Estonian (representing Livonian) to northern Curonia
- Changed the setup in the Low Lands: Flanders is now Dutch and Frisian is present in the north
- Derbent made Persian and Ashari
- Added Italian as an approximation for Dalmatian in Dalmatia
- Fixed typos in Hungarian place names for present-day Slovak territory
- Added missing Slovieni localization for Kocel’s Balaton principality area and present-day Slovak territory
- Updated Mojmírid names to Slovieni variants instead of Czech ones
- Changes to province setup (barony grouping into counties, no map edits) in the Caucasus: Sarir and Durdzukia playable, Ossetia split off Cabardinia province
- Added Kassogia (Circassia) as a de jure duchy, split off Alania
- Added Circassian chiefs for both bookmarks so they’re playable
- Changed de jure setup in Khazar Khaganate’s area slightly (with touches of renaming applied)
- Renamed the duchy of Georgia to Kartli, added Kartli province as de jure under it and made it the capital
- Slightly altered the starting tribe setup in Lithuania: Memel starts Samogitian instead of Curonian and Trakai starts Lithuanian instead of Samogitian.
- Removed German names from Latvian and Prussian dynasties
- Added or renamed Prussian tribes as dynasties for the culture
- Changed the culture on Corsica from Sardinian to Italian to approximate Corsican
- Changed the Pomeranian namelist (unfortunately still shared with Polabian as in vanilla)
- Renamed the duchy of Ciscaucasia to Dagestan
- Renamed 867 Balaton to Pannonia
- Made independent duchy-tier Slovieni realms be styled as principalities
- Renamed Tajik to Khorasani
- Made Saka-ruled Sogdian provinces Saka
SLIGHTLY CONTROVERSIAL FEATURES
- Renamed Russian culture to Ruthenian
- Changed the coat of arms for k_ruthenia and e_russia to Tryzub stylizations
- Renamed the imperial title of Russia to Rus’
- Made de jure kingdom-tier titles under e_russia variants of Rus’ (Kievan Rus’, Vladimirian Rus’, Novgorodian Rus’, Galician Rus’. White Rus’ was already in)
- Renamed duchy-tier Grodno to Black Rus’
- Renamed duchy-tier Cherven Cities to Red Rus’
- Renamed Estonian culture to Chude³
- Renamed Byzantine Empire to Eastern Roman Empire
- Renamed Latgalian culture to Lettish
- Changed the culture of the White Croats from Croatian to Ruthenian (as per HIP/NHO submod, one of those)
- Renamed Ostyak to Khanty
- Renamed Slovianska Pravda to Slavic; Vidilism to Baltic; Táltosism to Magyar; Ásatrú to Norse
- Changed the de jure setup in the Baltics: split Lithuania into Lithuania and Prussia; added present-day Latvia and Estonia into Livonia; made Estonia titular
- Moved the kingdom of Sicily from de jure Byzantine empire to de jure Italian empire
- Renamed Great Moravia to Moravia
- Renamed Egyptian culture to Misri
- Wasn’t sure whether the Assyrians in western provinces in HIP are truly Assyrians or just represent Christian Arabs. I kept those western provinces as Levantine so far, but feel free to correct me, as I am not really knowledgeable on this.
- Didn’t apply the suggested de jure changes though, but I might add them in a later patch.
- Since Estonian encompasses Livonian and Ingrian too, I wanted to give them a different name that could be applied to all three of these culture simultaneously. I hope it’s not offensive. If yes, I’ll rather just add Livonian and Ingrian.
- LITTLE COMPATIBILITY! This mod overwrites a lot of files directly. The intention was the opposite, however I had problems with the game not loading my changes unless I copied the entire file from vanilla and only then modified it (the game did not “fill in the gaps.”) If you have knowledge about compatibility, please do let me know on how to fix this!
- Nakhs and other North Caucasians should have their own faith instead of Tengriism–this is a placeholder approximation so far.
- I was not sure whether Ragusa should be Dalmatian/Italian or Slavic, so I just kept it as it was. If you have more knowledge on this subject, please feel free to correct me!
- Caucasian Albanians/Arrans/Udis should probably be added. If you have knowledge about them, please contribute or make suggestions!
- All of the changes under “slightly controversial” might be issues. Once again, if they’re wrong and you have the knowledge, please make suggestions!
- Caucasian religious setup might be incorrect. Same thing with the suggestions as above
- I would probably reduce de jure Byzantium even further, but have no idea under which empire to then put kingdoms such as Croatia or Serbia. I would perhaps rather just remove these “ahistorical” empires altogether, but there are people who might like them kept in instead.
Download the attached file, place it into Documents/Paradox Interactive/Crusader Kings III/mod and extract it directly into this mod folder. You should see two new files: a folder called SCM and a .mod file called SCM. If you don’t see these two files, you have installed it incorrectly. Then, in the launcher, just check SCM and you’re good to go.